I have once again been remiss in updating this blog. It’s not for want of trying, believe me. I’ve been so exhausted by training to become a live subtitler though, that it’s been hard to do anything at all when I get back from work, let alone muster the energy to write something vaguely witty here.
It’s depressed me further when I re-read what I was writing about this time two years ago, when life was exotic and exciting. At the moment, it’s just rather tiring and a bit dull, given that I’m spending a minimum of 40 hours a week sitting in the equivalent of the CBBC Broom Cupboard circa Andy Crane era without all the paintings by deluded 8 year olds (or Gordon The Gopher).
But, you know me, I somehow always find time for making stuff, and so, in time honoured tradition, here’s the new stuff I’ve been doing recently:
I’ve also been trying and failing to get my new kit ideas planned – I’ve been talking about it since Christmas but only just did the charts the other day – and also running out of just about everything. Whoever’s in charge of stock control needs fired… Oh, wait, that’s me.
In other news round-up:
- I have such a horrific collection of spots all of a sudden that I look like I have leprosy.
- I got a plastic, motion-sensitive talking turtle for my birthday which shouts “anal probe” at inopportune moments.
- It is daffodil season even though it’s been snowing for nigh on 24 hours.
- My cousins are coming over from America in less than 3 weeks which is exciting.
- We still don’t own a dog, let alone a beagle puppy called Simon. I am resigning myself to the fact that the closest we are going to get to a dog in this flat is the embossed labradors on the toilet paper.
- For my birthday, I also got vouchers for driving lessons and I aim to have my first lesson this weekend. I will try to let you know when so you can vacate the roads.
- I decided not to take on that studio space, lovely as it was, as I cannot justify it for the paltry amount of time I’d spend there.
- And lastly I’ve discovered I don’t like Oatibix, as they just are not a patch on Weetabix.
I think that about does it for now. I feel like there should be a day in the life soon, but I seem to be the only one still clinging onto doing that. I am sure there is about 3 readers of this left by now anyway, so I am going to determinedly and resolutely stick with it and do it again soon. I am not expecting anyone else to join in, but feel free. I’ll be doing it on Wednesday March 31st. You’ll be reading it soon after.